Medio Systems’ Mobile Platform Delivers Personalized Internet and Consumer Services Across T-Mobile’s Portfolio
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE) -- Medio Systems, a leading mobile Internet software and analytics provider, today announced the adoption of its analytically-driven mobile platform by T-Mobile USA to power its open mobile computing and interactive experiences on a full range of devices, including the Android™-powered T-Mobile® myTouch® 4G. The Medio platform will enhance open Internet access and drive discovery of entertainment, information, services, and applications via the power of Medio’s mobile analytics system for T-Mobile customers.
“Our plug-and-play platform gives our customers the maximum flexibility to add new features, services, and capabilities for their entire customer base, and our analytics capability makes it easy for their consumers to get the content, information, and services they care about most.”
Carrier-Class Quality and Security With the Ultimate in User Configurability
Medio’s third-generation platform enables mobile operators, handset OEMs, and publishers to launch and manage a broad set of new applications, content, and service offerings quickly and easily, while retaining carrier-class reliability and performance. Devices can be easily customized to display a customer’s favorite applications, sites, news feeds, and other services. The Medio platform ensures the optimal presentation of mobile and Internet content, links, and other functionality based upon screen size, browser, operating system, and other device capabilities, leading to an optimal experience for the mobile device an individual customer is using. In addition, as customers upgrade to new phones, the Medio platform retains their customizations to offer a more seamless experience as they begin to use a new device. Consumer-driven configuration of content, websites, and services has more than doubled since the rollout of the Medio platform.
“Fueled by America’s largest 4G network and faster, more compelling experiences on T-Mobile’s smartphones, our customers’ use of content, apps, and websites is exploding through their ability to find the content they desire precisely when they need it,” said Brad Duea, senior vice president, value added services, T-Mobile USA. “And we’re seeing over three times the level of engagement from customers who have taken advantage of the advanced T-Mobile services powered by Medio.”
“We’re thrilled T-Mobile has selected Medio as its Internet infrastructure and analytics partner,” said Rob Lilleness, president and CEO, Medio Systems. “Our plug-and-play platform gives our customers the maximum flexibility to add new features, services, and capabilities for their entire customer base, and our analytics capability makes it easy for their consumers to get the content, information, and services they care about most.”
Medio’s third-generation analytics-powered mobile platform delivers the following advantages:
* Consumer-driven personalization: Customers can configure their device to easily access their favorite applications and websites including Google, Facebook, YouTube, and virtually any other website.
* Analytically-driven recommendations: Consumers are presented with recommendations based on their own customizations within their Web experience — thus boosting engagement and discovery of new content and services.
* Easy discovery of applications and digital content: Relevant suggestions, based on how customers interact with content and their device, are presented to facilitate discovery. Medio’s platform can support catalogs with millions of items including some of the world’s largest libraries of digital music, ringtones, wallpaper, and games.
* Faster Time to Market: Carriers, handset OEMs, and mobile publishers can go from concept to launch faster than ever and then further optimize the solution based on analytics of actual usage. Medio’s extensible platform can incorporate a wide variety of content types, data feeds, and services, enabling new and novel applications.
* Fast, scalable mobile performance: Medio’s mobile-optimized platform delivers response times as much as 10 times faster than other industry products, further enhancing the user experience. In addition, the platform’s standards-based, modular architecture incorporates technologies such as Hadoop to ensure support of tens of millions of users and billions of transactions.
* Increase network efficiency: Medio’s mobile optimization and support for mobile Web standards translates into a bandwidth-friendly mobile footprint — resulting in bandwidth reductions of up to 40 percent.
About Medio Systems
Medio Systems is a leading mobile Internet software and analytics provider, helping customers transform data into action and value. Medio enables mobile operators, handset OEMs, and publishers to launch and manage a broad set of applications, content, and offerings quickly and easily, while retaining carrier-class quality, reliability, scalability, and performance. Medio’s mobile-optimized platform leverages analytics in order to provide the most relevant and personalized experience for each user and handset. Now on its third-generation platform, Medio has delivered over 5.5 billion recommendations and served over 5 billion personalized page views for its customers to date. Medio is a privately-held company backed by Accel, Frazier Technology Partners, Trilogy, and Mohr Davidow Ventures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA. For more information, visit www.medio.com.