HealthTap Revolutionizes Healthcare With Fast Access to Top Doctors -- Anytime, Anywhere
Transformative New Mobile App Puts People in Control of Their Health, Introduces a First-of-Its Kind Freemium Model With Micropayment for Healthcare
PALO ALTO, CA, Jun 28, 2012 -- HealthTap, the mobile health platform that provides people quick answers from trusted physicians for free, today released a revolutionary new suite of apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and the Web. The New HealthTap provides people with a faster and more personal way to connect and interact with the best doctors for them and to find highly trusted information on the health issues they care about most. The company is the first and only to connect people directly with a highly selective network of 12,000 top U.S.-licensed physicians in good standing, and to offer anyone, anywhere the ability to get answers to their health-related questions for free.
Over 80 percent of Internet users seek health information online, a trend that's now going mobile. Healthcare is now the fastest growing category accessed by users on mobile devices.
HealthTap brings the extensive diversity and deep knowledge of the medical community to millions of people by delivering immediate, highly personalized and relevant information to each user. HealthTap is putting "care" back into healthcare with new features like Private Health Conversations that create genuine connections between doctors and people everywhere and virtually bring back the best of the days of house calls.
Top features of the New HealthTap include:
- Up-to-date and personalized health information: Follow topics, doctors, and questions to stay current on the issues that matter most to you.
- Transparent doctor-to-doctor ratings: View each physician's "DocScore," a FICO-like quality score for doctors that incorporates publicly available data and doctor-to-doctor peer review. Doctors also rank each other on expertise within specific topics.
- Directory of over one million doctors: Use simple, everyday language to find the best doctors in the HealthTap network and in the world's most comprehensive mobile doctor directory.
- In-person appointments: Connect with doctors in person using in-app appointment requests, direct messaging and phone calls.
- Secure private digital health file: Have full control of your personal health records, available and transferable anytime, in a secure and private environment.
Today, HealthTap is also unveiling a new Mobile Health platform giving people access to premium features at a very low cost.
Premium features available with micropayments include:
- Private Health Conversations: Ask specific questions to the doctor of your choice in a HIPAA-secure environment from your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or PC.
- Connect with a doctor of your choice instantaneously: See who's "online now" and message them privately and securely.
- Store and safely share rich health media: Share health records, photos, and documents with doctors securely and privately.
All these premium features are available for a fraction of the cost of a co-pay.
"Everyone needs reliable, fast and independent answers to their health questions that come from a caring source they can trust. Working with millions of consumers and more than 12,000 physicians, we've learned that the vast majority of people put their trust in doctors, first and foremost, when it comes to their health," says Ron Gutman, Founder and CEO of HealthTap. "That's why we've created the first comprehensive, consumer-facing mobile health platform and brought on board thousands of the best and most engaged licensed doctors in the U.S. We're giving people -- for the first time -- mobile, affordable, and immediate access to top-quality health experts and information they can trust."
Sign up for a free HealthTap account and download the app for iPhone, iPad or Android at www.healthtap.com .
HealthTap is the only source of health information that puts people and doctors first. The company offers immediate access to relevant, reliable and trusted health knowledge that is kept current through daily contributions and ratings from top physicians. HealthTap's web and mobile apps connect its Medical Expert Network of 12,000+ U.S.-licensed doctors with people seeking answers to their health-related questions.