Carrier IQ Announces Mobile Intelligence for LTE and 4G Technologies
Providing Global Operators with the ‘Full Picture’ of How 4G Services are Performing
ORLANDO, Fla.-- March 22, 2011-- Carrier IQ, today announced availability of their latest offering for global mobile operators delivering Mobile Intelligence to 4G technologies, including LTE and HSPA+. Carrier IQ’s technology provides mobile network operators with insight into the performance of 4G devices and networks from the user’s perspective. Carrier IQ’s solution is currently on 4G devices, both data only devices as well as 4G enabled smart devices.
By deploying Carrier IQ’s Mobile Intelligence for 4G, operators are able to get insight into true customer experience measurements, comparing existing 2G and 3G networks with 4G coverage and performance. This enables operators to quickly identify and resolve issues at both a network level and at an individual customer level. Existing customers who have deployed Carrier IQ for customer care, network planning, monitoring and device management will be able to extend their current product deployments to enable 4G performance measures with a plug-in module.
Migrating to new technologies is always inherently risky and LTE migration comes with its own set of unique challenges to operators and handset manufacturers. It is with these risks in mind that Carrier IQ has extended Mobile Intelligence to LTE and 4G technologies. The product focuses on a set of Mobile Intelligence analytics that provide a high value of insight into LTE system performance in the pre-launch and early post-launch phases, while driving down the development and validation burden on the OEMs to the lowest-possible level.
“We are excited to be at the forefront of solving real business issues for our mobile operator partners as they roll out 4G networks,” said Andrew Coward, VP of Marketing, Carrier IQ. “We know that migrating to 4G networks is on the critical path for global operators now, and our Mobile Intelligence for LTE solution will allow them to maximize their investments and proactively address network coverage and customer experience with high precision,” Coward stated.
Benefits of the Carrier IQ Mobile Intelligence for LTE Solution include:
• Provide accurate assessment of customer experience on LTE network – indoor and outdoor
• Identification of LTE device and multi-infrastructure vendor network interoperability issues early in the launch where the maturity level is not consistent across vendors
• Detection of issues with 3G/4G handovers and the contextual information to troubleshoot radio issues
• Accurate evaluation of CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback) related issues (i.e. when voice calls are placed or received during active LTE data session) where there is no existing network based measurement methodology
• Build 4G coverage and data throughput maps based on actual user experience
• Identify changes that will improve service performance and customer experience
• Get an instant view of performance across the network, and compare by geography, tower, device, user group and a wide range of configurable parameters
• Improve business Key Performance Indicators with integrated quantitative data
About Carrier IQ
Carrier IQ enables mobile operators, device manufacturers, application developers and market researchers to improve their offerings based on direct insight into the customer experience. Deployed on over 140M devices from 12 leading mobile device vendors worldwide, Carrier IQ is the leading provider of Mobile Intelligence solutions that use mobile devices to provide detailed metrics regarding mobile experience in a highly secure, private and anonymized environment. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, Carrier IQ is a privately held, venture-backed company with offices in the U.S., UK and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.carrieriq.com.
Carrier IQ, the Carrier IQ logo, and Mobile Intelligence Platform are trademarks of Carrier IQ, Inc.