Aryaka Delivers on the Promise of Innovation and Disruption of Multi-Billion-Dollar Markets for Optimization of Enterprise Networks
Record-Breaking Year for Aryaka: Customer Count Multiplies ; Subscription Revenue Grows 416% YoY
MILPITAS, Calif. – Jan. 3, 2013 — Aryaka® (www.aryaka.com), the leading provider of WAN Optimization as-a-Service™, Network as-a-Service™ and Application Delivery as-a-Service™, today announced that the company delivered a record-breaking year, increasing subscription revenue 416 percent year-—over-year, multiplying its global customer and its partner base. Aryaka’s impact comes at the expense of on-premise appliances and , MPLS links both of which are to decline, according to industry analysts, as more enterprises adopt simpler and more affordable cloud-managed solutions for improved business agility.
Aryaka Market Impact Deepens
According to new market data, the pace of growth in WAN optimization appliances decelerated year-over-year in the third quarter of 2012, Sam Barnett, directing analyst for data center and Cloud at Infonetics Research, said in a statement. “While WAN Optimization and ADCs are in a downturn, optimism over cloud services is very high. Infonetics currently reports that 91 percent of enterprises are already using cloud services with full 100 percent penetration by 2014.”
In a 2012 report by Frost & Sullivan, analyst Lynda Stradtmueller, program director for the company’s Stratecast Practice research arm, noted: “Little by little, the hardware that has cluttered enterprise telecom closets, equipment rooms and data centers is being offloaded to the cloud so why not WAN optimization in the cloud. Market traction has been tremendous as small, mid-sized and larger enterprises realize that networks and applications require a new, more sustainable approach. With Aryaka as a partner, organizations can maximize their existing application and network resources and focus on their core business goals.”
“We have led the charge by redefining the new enterprise WAN and expanding our platform, which has become the delivery network for multiple functionalities that enterprises require across their distributed locations around the world,” said Ajit Gupta, Founder, President and CEO of Aryaka. “We’re excited at the market traction of our services. We’re noticing, too, that traditional hardware solutions , and MPLS links are starting to lose their appeal as more companies, especially the midmarket, move to the cloud-managed model to improve application performance, business processes and productivity.”
Aryaka Shakes Up IT Landscape with Two New Services
In 2012 Aryaka continued to deliver on the company vision by introducing two new revolutionary solutions – Application Delivery as-a-Service and Network as-a-Service.
Aryaka solutions now comprise:
- WAN Optimization as-a-Service, Aryaka’s flagship solution for global connectivity, an optimized Wide Area Network (WAN) with fast and consistent application performance behind the enterprise firewall and accelerated access to Cloud resources.
- Network as-a-Service for global connectivity, a TCP-optimized MPLS-like network and accelerated access to Cloud services.
- Application Delivery as-a-Service for global connectivity, a private optimized network and acceleration of centralized applications for distributed users, customers and partners.
Customer Count Multiplies
- Aryaka increased its customer base adding global brands including Mellanox Technologies, Anite Telecom, Support.com, Unity Technologies, OrbiMmed, STATS ChipPAC, NTT Data, Avaya, Hamon Group, Teleca, Thoughtworks, Radware, Raritan, JAS Worldwide and many others.
- Spurred by strong customer pull, Aryaka penetrated multiple new industry segments and now has global customers in verticals including Technology, Manufacturing, Consumer, Logistics, Media, Financial Services, Architecture and Government.
- Aryaka is now serving customers across five continents, allowing enterprises in established markets as well as emerging markets to take advantage of WAN optimization as-a-Service and aggressively grow their businesses globally.
Major Funding Adds Firepower to Aryaka
Aryaka secured a $25 million Series C funding round in 2012 led by InterWest Partners, with participation from Presidio Ventures, a Sumitomo Corporation Company, and existing investors Nexus Venture Partners, Trinity Ventures and Mohr Davidow Ventures. Aryaka launches Fusion Program as part of Aryaka’s Emergence strategic alliance program. “Fusion” transforms regional Service Providers into global players. 4X expansion of Emergence Channel Program including global resellers, distributors, VARS, Service Providers, Cloud Providers and Fusion Partners.
- 2012 Networking Trailblazer winner
- 2012 Golden Bridge business and Innovations Awards winner:
- Most Innovative People – Founder, President and CEO Ajit Gupta
- Aryaka – IT Services
- Cloud Computing Excellence Award for second consecutive year
- CRN’s Top Executives – Ajit Gupta
- CRN Women of the Channel – Sonal Puri
- CRN Data Center 100 for increasing data center efficiency, performance and ROI
- TMC Communications Solutions product of the Year
- TMC 2012 Cloud Computing Excellence Award (for second consecutive year)
- Siliconindia’s si100 for the networking category
- THINKStrategies Best of SaaS Showplace
- TiE50 2012 Top Startups
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Finalist
Supporting Customer Quotes
“From my perspective I was on the hunt for this exact solution and yours Aryaka was the only one I could find who nailed it.”
- Alan Henderson, Information Systems Manager, Methven Limited
“PeopleSoft, Software-build management tools, remote logins and a variety of other critical enterprise applications performed slow and poorly over distance, especially between our offices in Chicago and China, similarly with our offices in Fremont and Bangalore. We didn’t want to undergo the headaches, cost and time expense with MPLS and Riverbed. Instead, we embrace the idea of an appliance-less WAN optimization. With Aryaka’s stable core latency between locations, our applications now run 80% faster.”
- Nitin Raina, Director of Global IT Infrastructure Operations, ThoughtWorks
“As a consumer goods manufacturer, our distributors around the world needed a better network to place orders to our New Zealand headquarters. Our distributors in faraway places like Norway and China were suffering with latency to place their orders using Microsoft Dynamics. Aryaka provides us with stable core latency between locations making our application performance rock solid. The accelerated business processing is a major win across the entire value chain for distributors and their customers.”
- Daniel Gentry, Web and IT Leader, Phil & Ted’s
Supporting Analyst Quotes
“Aryaka has launched the industry’s only true built-for-the-cloud WAN Optimization as a Service offering, and in doing so, has made it possible to accelerate applications across every business, every branch location.”
- Lynda Stadtmueller, Senior Research Analyst for Business Communications, Stratecast Division, Frost & Sullivan
“On-boarding to Aryaka’s Network as-a-Service is relatively fast, flexible and CAPEX-free. Just plain different from what major competitors offer.”
- Brian Washburn, Current Analysis Service Director, Network Services
“Our general premise is that in a cost-savings-oriented spending environment, optimizing networks will trump adding network capacity. T1R believes ‘overlay’ services from companies like Aryaka will benefit from the growth of cloud computing.”
- Jim Davis, Senior Analyst, Networks & Media, The 451 Group
Aryaka delivers application and network performance for the globally distributed enterprise for better collaboration, communication and business productivity. Aryaka eliminates the need for costly WAN appliances or long-haul private links. Aryaka’s premier WAN Optimization as-a-Service accelerates any application to any location on one affordable, optimized network. Aryaka’s Network as-a-Service provides organizations an optimized network with QoS for instant and reliable business connectivity. Aryaka’s Application Delivery as-a-Service enables distributed business users to quickly access centralized enterprise applications and Cloud resources from anywhere in the world. All services provide end-to-end visibility with 24×7 world-class support. To learn more, visit www.aryaka.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Aryaka is a trademark of Aryaka Networks, Inc. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.