Aryaka Blazes Into 2012, Increases Customer Base for Cloud-Based WAN Optimization
Aryaka Founder Ajit Gupta: "2012 Will Be the 'Year of the Business Cloud' as More Companies Adopt the Cloud to Accelerate Application Performance"; Customers Gain up to 98% Data Reduction and 100x Application Performance Improvements
MILPITAS, CA, Dec 19, 2011 -- Aryaka, provider of the world's first cloud-based WAN optimization and application acceleration solution, is entering 2012 with a rapidly growing global customer base, expanded partner ecosystem, continued build-out of its services portfolio, and increased industry recognition and market validation.
Aryaka's secure global network removes the complexity, high cost, and application performance limitations associated with older solutions, such as MPLS and content delivery networks. Enterprise organizations looking to migrate from an IP VPN to a 'better business Internet' can benefit from Aryaka's intelligent DNA that resolves application delivery performance issues for improved business productivity.
"In 2011, we observed more mainstream acceptance of cloud computing and increased adoption rates as all three pieces of the cloud puzzle have finally fallen into place -- compute, storage and now, the network," said Ajit Gupta, Founder, President and CEO of Aryaka. "We look forward to 2012 as the 'Year of the Business Cloud.' We expect Aryaka's reputation as a leader and disruptive technology to continue to increase through accelerated growth in clients, partners and revenue validating our value proposition."
Aryaka Impacts IT Industry Trends
Aryaka is changing the way companies do business and eliciting competitor response. Aryaka redefines the new enterprise WAN by improving network performance and accelerating application response time to support a combination of multiple access methods, data and applications, headquarters and data centers, development teams and sales offices, remote, on-site and off-shore teams, and cloud services. Aryaka's entry into the market has already created noticeable effects:
- Enterprises adopting the Aryaka solution are increasing acceleration performance 70 times faster and reducing Wide Area Network traffic up to 98% for a better user experience among their globally distributed workforce.
- Traditional WAN optimization vendors have started to speed the pace of their deployment in the face of new cloud-based competition.
- Aryaka is a more simple and easy to deploy solution and eliminates the need for complex and costly hardware appliances or dedicated MPLS links.
- Aryaka can be deployed and go live in hours versus weeks and months from traditional WAN optimization techniques.
- Aryaka built burstability and elastic capacity into the platform, allowing customers the ability to scale their business as needed instead of acquiring fixed-capacity MPLS networks and complex appliances.
- Competitors are starting to rebrand their traditional solutions as 'cloud' or 'WAN optimization-as-a-service' and drop their prices in an attempt to stay competitive.
- Traditional appliance vendors and Content Delivery Network (CDN) providers have stated their intent to partner to provide WAN optimization, further validating Aryaka's value proposition.
Customer Count Climbs
- Aryaka has accumulated dozens of paying customers within its first year of sales.
- Aryaka customers are headquartered in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, China, Israel and India with branch offices worldwide.
- Aryaka's top 10 customer applications accelerated are HTTP, SSH, HTTPS, EPMAP, CIFS (Windows File Share, SharePoint), IMAPS, RDP, IMAP, MYSQL, ODG (Oracle Data Guard). Other vertical-specific applications are SVN (Subversion) for Software Development, PDM (Product Data Management) for manufacturing.
- Subscriptions to the Aryaka network range from 1 Mbps to 155 Mbps.
- 50 prospects are engaged in production trials to validate the solution worldwide.
Examples of companies leveraging the Aryaka solution for application acceleration benefits include:
- Symphony Services improves productivity by accelerating application traffic and reducing WAN bandwidth across its locations in the U.S., India and China.
- Accept Software deploys Aryaka to reduce bandwidth up to 96%, compress CIFS 4x, and run applications 6x faster.
- Tavant improves application behavior and throughput, by more than 42x; realizes up to 87 percent reduction in MS Exchange data and up to 98 percent reduction in FTP and SharePoint data, freeing the network for future growth and mission critical traffic.
Partner Program Launches, Grows
In May, the company announced the Emergence Aryaka Alliance program. The partner program helps cloud providers; channel partners such as resellers, VARs and referral agents, service providers and technology partners, to capitalize on Aryaka's market leadership. A number of world-class partners have already joined Emergence, including:
- OpSource, a cloud and managed hosting provider
- Equinix, a global platform of high performance data centers
- Netmagic, India's leading managed IT hosting services provider
- Internet Binat, an Israel-based ISP, a part of the RAD group of companies
- Wepsol, a leading Indian IT solutions company
Portfolio Services Expands
- Early in 2011, Aryaka launched Quality of Service (QoS) assurance as an integral component of its WAN optimization service enabling customers to assign a class of service to each type of traffic or application on their network.
- The Aryaka Network deployment continues to enter new geographies with 25 points of presence worldwide.
- The company introduced the next generation of its MyAryaka customer portal for end-to-end visibility into the network. Features in this web-based customer portal provides enterprises complete control over their WAN.
Industry Recognition Increases
Aryaka continues to generate industry recognition validating the value proposition of cloud-based optimization that is redefining the WAN for today's modern enterprise. Recent accolades include:
- Gartner lists Aryaka as a 'Cool Vendor' in Enterprise Communications and Network Services.
- Dow Jones VentureWire Names Aryaka to FASTech 50 of Most Innovative Technology Start-ups.
- Aryaka has been named a Structure50 company, GigaOM's listing of the top 50 cloud computing innovators in the market.
- CRN recognizes Aryaka as an 'Emerging Vendor' with its cloud-based WAN optimization solution.
Aryaka is the world's first cloud-based WAN optimization company solving application and network performance issues faced by the distributed enterprise. Aryaka has been named to the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech 50 innovative startups for 2011, a "Cool Vendor" by a leading analyst firm and a GigaOm Structure 50 company that will shape the future of cloud computing. Aryaka eliminates the need for expensive and complex appliances as well as long-haul connectivity, and enhances collaboration across locations. It offers significant cost, ease-of-use and performance advantages, helping global companies achieve dramatic productivity gains and increased visibility into their WAN applications, locations and performance, while providing 24/7 world-class support. To learn more, visit www.aryaka.com . Follow us at twitter.com/aryakanetworks, facebook.com/aryakanetworks, and on linkedin.com/company/aryaka-networks.
Aryaka is a trademark of Aryaka Networks, Inc. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.