Preempting Disease. Changing Lives.
Tethys is a cardiometabolic diagnostics company that creates and commercializes breakthrough biomarker-based blood tests that predict imminent disease risk and enable targeted intervention to preempt the onset of chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes. Tethys introduced its first product -- PreDx™ Diabetes Risk Score -- to the market in 2008, and initiated sales in 2009. The Tethys PreDx platform includes products in development to determine risk for first-time heart attack, osteoporotic fracture and other cardiometabolic diseases with the goal of improving health outcomes and reducing the devastating economic impact that debilitating, preventable diseases have on individuals and society.
Facts & Stats
- PreDx™ Diabetes Risk Score, a blood test that identifies 5-year risk of progression to type 2 diabetes.
- Sales of its PreDx® Diabetes Risk Score (DRS) test have exceeded 35,000 units sold since the product was commercially introduced in 2009.
- Tethys diagnostic tools allow for identification and focused intervention for those at most imminent disease risk.
- Primary care physicians can use the Tethys test to risk-stratify the 57 million people with prediabetes. Worldwide hundreds of millions are at risk.
- Addressing preventable diseases like diabetes and other cardiometabolic diseases that have become pandemic.
- Company founded 2005 with a focus on using diagnostic tools to help prevent cardiometabolic disease.