Single Molecule, Real-Time Observation of Biological Events
Pacific Biosciences (Nasdaq:PACB) offers the PacBio® RS High Resolution Genetic Analyzer to help scientists solve genetically complex problems. Based on its novel Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT®) technology, the company's products enable: targeted sequencing to more comprehensively characterize genetic variations; de novo genome assembly to more fully identify, annotate and decipher genomic structures; and DNA base modification identification to help characterize epigenetic regulation and DNA damage. By providing access to information that was previously inaccessible, Pacific Biosciences enables scientists to increase their understanding of biological systems.
Facts & Stats
- Initial Public Offering, October 27, 2010.
- First customers include: Baylor College of Medicine, the Broad Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, the US Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute, the Genome Center at Washington University, Monsanto, the National Cancer Institute/SAIC-Frederick, the National Center for Genome Resources, the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Stanford University, and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- Published a number of peer-reviewed articles in journals including Science, Nature and Nature Methods highlighting the power and potential applications of the SMRT platform.
- Named a World Economic 2010 Technology Pioneer.
- Ranked #1 Venture-backed company in US in 2010 by the Wall Street Journal.