DVS Sciences: Discover What You Have Been Missing
DVS Sciences, Inc. is an analytical equipment and reagents development company that produces and markets the:
- CyTOF® instrument - a high throughput mass cytometer for individual cell analysis based on a novel elemental mass-spectrometry detection technology
- MAXPAR® system of reagents related to massively multi-parametric assays.
With over 20 years of proven innovation in atomic spectroscopy, the Founders of DVS Sciences Inc., conceived and patented the technology while working at MDS Sciex with its joint venture partner PerkinElmer Health Sciences, Inc.
In 2005, the Founders continued their innovation and further developed the CyTOF and MAXPAR technology portfolio at the University of Toronto in collaboration with researchers and academic leaders in multidisciplinary fields. Continuing the evolution from the own facilities, DVS Sciences Inc. now owns and licenses over 50 Patents and Patent Applications throughout the world including its exclusive licenses from PerkinElmer and the University of Toronto.
DVS Science Inc. is committed to developing robust, innovative instrumentation, reagents and consumables that accelerate medical research and transform drug discovery via highly multiplexed bio-analysis.
Facts & Stats
- Both of the DVS Sciences™ brands of CyTOFand MAXPAR technology are covered by company patents.
- DVS Sciences has created the commercial mass cytometry market by integrating two technologies that are not commonly thought of as compatible: flow cytometry and mass spectrometry.
- Mass cytometry allows for the measurement of up to 100 biomarkers in individual cells at high speed.
- The company incubated the technology at the University of Toronto and commercially launched its CyTOF - MAXPAR platform in November of 2009. It is currently in use by customers in Canada, the U.S., and Asia.